Gain valuable work experience!
Join in the national celebration of Canada’s sesquicentennial!
From May 27 to June 2, 2017, Ryerson University is hosting Congress 2017, Canada’s largest interdisciplinary gathering of scholars and researchers.
Attend Congress 2017 as a volunteer
Volunteers at Congress are needed to perform essential roles that support an exciting week of presentations, workshops, panels, public lectures, cultural events, receptions and an academic tradeshow.
You can choose how many hours you are able to contribute and when you are available.
The benefits of volunteering are enormous
- Make new friends
- Network with Congress attendees to advance your career
- Improve your resumé — learn new skills, gain work experience
- Meet renowned researchers, luminaries and thought leaders
- Explore ideas that matter to Canadians and impact our lives
- Get exclusive promotions and discounts
When you volunteer and join Ryerson’s Congress team, you also receive a letter of confirmation of volunteerism and an official volunteer t-shirt. Volunteers will also be provided with food and beverages during the week of Congress.
Discover your role: Congress 2017 volunteer positions
- Accessibility - Provide assistance and coordinate special requests for persons with disabilities.
- Audiovisual - Support Ryerson University’s technical services, for example by helping speakers start their PowerPoint presentations on a projector.
- Catering - Support catering services.
- Child care - Help child minding and day camp staff (children under the age of 12).
- Events - Inform and direct attendees for major Congress events, such as the Big Thinking lecture series and the President’s Receptions.
- Green team - Ensure that attendees dispose of their waste properly. Ensure that garbage cans, recycling and compost bins do not overflow.
- Hospitality - Welcome and orientate attendees at arrival points and high-traffic areas.
- Information kiosks - Info kiosks will be located around campus, where volunteers can provide delegates with information about Congress and the city.
- Mobile team - Be ready to do various jobs at the last minute.
- Runners - Support for key members of the Congress planning team.
- Wayfinding - Inform and direct people across the campus and during Congress events.
To register, please click on the link above. You will be directed to InItLive.com to create a volunteer profile and answer a few brief questions. You will be invited to select your preferred roles and shift times at a later date.
Please note there will be a mandatory orientation session on Thursday, May 25, 2017 for all volunteers to ensure that you are well-prepared and confident in your new roles.
For more information, contact:
Congress 2017 Planning and Volunteer Coordinator